A couple months back I was asked to write a guest blog for the Gospel Relevance website on the topic of five common misconceptions about heaven and the afterlife.
This is part of a series on “5 common misconceptions” on a variety of topics by guest authors.
The five misconceptions I addressed are as follows (these are five things that the Bible does not teach):
1. That Christians will live in heaven forever.
2. That the earth will be destroyed in the judgment when Jesus returns.
3. That the new heavens and new earth will be a replacement cosmos.
4. That the new heavens and new earth will consist of a never-ending worship service.
5. That the way we live now doesn’t affect the afterlife (and vice versa).
You can now read the blog post online here.
Or you can download a PDF of the post to read later.
You are invited to leave comments and questions here or on the Gospel Relevance website where the blog is posted.