TRINITY WESTERN UNIVERSITY, LANGLEY, BC, MAY 11–14, 2018
- “Human Distinctiveness and the Origin of Evil in Biblical and Evolutionary Perspectives.” Keynote address for the 2018 Conference of the Canadian Scientific & Christian Affiliation, entitled “From Sea to Sea . . to Sky! Science & Christianity in Canada,” at Trinity Western University, Langley, BC, May 11–14, 2018.
TRINITY EVANGELICAL DIVINITY SCHOOL, CHICAGO, IL, JUNE 13–16, 2018
- “Death, Immortality, and the Curse: Interpreting Genesis 2–3 in the Context of the Biblical Worldview.” Keynote paper for the Dabar Conference on “Reclaiming Theological Anthropology in an Age of Science,” at the Carl F. H. Henry Center for Theological Understanding, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, June 13–16, 2018.
CENTER FOR JUDAIC-CHRISTIAN STUDIES, DAYTON, OH, JULY 26–27, 2018
- A series of four talks on lament prayer in the Bible for the 35th anniversary of the Center for Judaic-Christian Studies, Dayton, OH, July 26–27, 2018
INSTITUTE FOR BIBLICAL RESEARCH ANNUAL MEETING, DENVER, CO, NOVEMBER 16, 2018
- “‘It Seemed Good to the Holy Spirit and to Us’ (Acts 15:28): Toward a Creational Pneumatic Hermeneutic.” Invited paper for the Pneumatic Hermeneutics research group, Denver, CO, November 16, 2018
SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE ANNUAL MEETING, DENVER, CO, NOVEMBER 17–20, 2018
- “Is Samuel among the Prophets? Samuel as “Legendary Intercessor” in Michael Widmer’s Standing in the Breach (Eisenbrauns, 2015).” Paper for the Book of Samuel program unit, Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, November 17–20, 2018
- “What Christians Can Learn from Jewish Interpretation of the Aqedah: Reading Genesis 22 with Moses and the Rabbis.” Paper for Jewish Interpretation of the Bible program unit, Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, November 17–20, 2018